Monday, February 27, 2012

Should I and Would I??

6 months have gone by so quickly. I came to this city in September and it’s already March. Time is really flying and what am I still doing. The same old job, just better and faster. I ask myself if this is what I really want to do with myself and I always get back a positive No. This is not what I really want to do. When I started working as an Instructional Designer, when I was 20, I thought this was just a temporary job. Then I switched to a bigger company, but still doing the same job (with a fancier consulting job title) and now I am going to complete 7 years as an Instructional Designer and I ask myself if I am really good at it and if I am happy doing this for my entire life?

Well, obviously I don’t want to do this all my life, although I have a doubt that I might. It’s just this comfort zone which is so tough to break. I know how things work and I know what to do and I know people here and people know me. I am just set and I am earning enough. So ‘why not’ is the answer I find giving myself. Plus everybody who works in Technology or Consulting, get bored of their jobs after a while. It’s just monotonous. So even if your job is interesting, it may be the monotony that makes it boring. So is taking a break or a sabbatical a solution?

Hmmm, I have been thinking about it, and I feel that I am starting to dislike the corporate life. I know that even if I dislike the setup, I will still continue with my work and complete my assignments on time, be a part of the extra initiatives, take initiatives and be competitive and basically be a part of the rat race, but I know somewhere in a small corner of my heart, I want to do real things. Things that matter to me, things that will make a difference, however small the difference be.

But the important question I need to answer is do I have the courage to break the comfort zone and explore new options, without worrying about the future or result or the finances?

1 comment:

Prembhee said...

This one's much better.

No blog in 2 years?