Thursday, January 26, 2012

Long Time, No See

Love, Marriage and having kids, these three things are extremely overrated. Just like how Times New Roman is overrated by MS Word (I personally hate it).

And no, I am not saying this because I am ugly and nobody has been in love with me or that I haven’t been married yet (and no I am not a single lady in late 30s). I have had my share of relationships in the past. And now when I look back I do realize that there was a time when I thought I was so much in love with someone that I might have even moved to Alaska if he was with me.

I wonder if this has happened to you. That one morning you are just sitting with your louwer sipping coffee or having a sandwich you look at him and ask yourself, do I really love him?? What was I even thinking?? Like really!! And as you question yourself, the bulb lights up and you realize that something is not right, you realize that you were in love with a fictional character and not this douche bag.

So all that I really want to know is why is love so overrated? I agree it brings business to florists, heart shaped balloon sellers, cake bakers, gold and diamond ring sellers etc etc.. Just add in whatever crazy shit you might have bought your louwer. Oh mainly the Telecom industry, they all definitely benefit from love. But what do we get from this excessive obsession we water and nurture like a plant? Making all those false promises and it all goes into the trash can the minute the bulb lights up.

I just want to know the basis of love? Do we fall for someone we are physically attracted to, or someone we are very comfortable sharing our feelings with or someone who has been extremely caring and affectionate or someone we just feel like having a shot with or should it be a combination of all? Ya ya, I know that there is no definition for love and love just happens anywhere anytime and that we all have someone waiting somewhere shit.

But really isn’t it strange that we all have said “I louwe You” to some(one). I think we say it because we have seen it in Television how this handsome guy tells the three magical words to this pretty girl and everything becomes so beautiful and pleasant, and somewhere in our head we want to be that handsome guy or that pretty girl who would like to feel that important. Somewhere in our head we think that, like the prince turned the frog into a princess (or vice versa), may be this guy/girl would turn me into something amazing.

P.S: I know that my boyfriend will read this post. Dude, chill this is not about you :) And we are good.

No comments: