Monday, February 14, 2011

As i Pack to Get Back!

As I started packing to get back to India after living in Boston for 15 months I found the most important things are not the perfumes, boots, cosmetics or hair sprays. The most important thing that I want to take back with me is still my mother’s sweater. The most important thing is not my iPod, but all the photos I clicked with my friends here.

It just made me think that the more you make money, the more comfortable your body is but what about the soul? Money definitely helps live a comfortable life, but the simple pleasures of life cannot be bought or sold, one just has to be blessed with them.

I definitely have mixed feelings, because I did find my second family here after all. I am sad to leave uncle, aunty and to an extent even Kunal (the brat boy) and Pond street and Natick mall and Chipotle, etc etc., But the minute I think of Oviya I know I am glad to get back to India. Man I want to hold her and see her grow and hear her call me maasi the first time. Oh you small thing I already love you a lot :-)

No comments: